Hybrid Car – More Fun with Less Gas

Fronius Home Monitor USB?

register ::  Login Password  :: Lost Password?
Posted by dold on January 28, 2006, 3:49 am
 
I have the Fronius Home Monitoring system, and their IG.Access software.
A card goes in the inverter, a special network cable to a Datalogger box,
and USB to my WinXP computer.

But it doesn't like my computer.  The IG.Access hangs, trying to find the
Datalogger.  I have removed all software packages that had USB devices
associated with them, and deleted all of the USB devices (hidden as well),
from Device Manager.

A driver installs from the Fronius directory, and Devmgr says the device is
working correctly, but the program still hangs.

I tried in safe mode and it popped up a window asking for the port, but
there was no driver loaded at that point.

Does anyone have this running?

The Fronius solution is to give me the discontinued model of the Datalogger
with a serial port instead of a USB port.

--
---
Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA  38.8,-122.5

Posted by Walt Bilofsky on February 23, 2006, 4:13 pm
 
Clarence,

The first thing is to rule out a problem in the Datalogger.  Maybe the
USB connection is fine but the unit is putting out no data or bad
data, causing the program to hang.  Have you tried the Datalogger on a
different PC system?

Safe mode probably wouldn't allow the USB connection in any event.

If it's any consolation - I got an SMA inverter because I thought
their communications would be superior to Fronius.  And it may still
be, but I'm running into plenty of problems here too.

- Walt Bilofsky

dold@XFroniusXH.usenet.us.com wrote:



Posted by Jim Baber on February 24, 2006, 12:43 am
 This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080702010200080401070506
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Jim Baber wrote:

Walt Bilofsky wrote:


    I don't know what problem Walt has had, but I have had reasonably
good luck with my 4 SMA2500s that use the RS485 link between them, and
the last one in the chain is attached to my Sunny Boy Control via
RS232.  The Sunny Boy Control is also connected to a PC via RS232 and is
reporting with the included software.

    My only problem to date is, one of the SMA2500s lost its stored
memory about 4 or 5 months ago and started over at 0 in it's history of
watthours generated?  They couldn't explain why, and it has resumed
working correctly, but it will forever be missing 10,591 Watthours in
it's memory.  They did say they would add the missing 10,591 Watthours
back to the memory, if I sent them the inverter, but that would require
my taking it off line, packing it up, shipping it, waiting for them to
do it and ship it back, and reinstalling it when the only problem is a
missing 10,597 kWh. No charge, but I would have to buy the power it
would generate in the week (at best) that it would be gone.  It is
accumulating OK now, It just lost 2.5 years of output from it's memory.  

--------------080702010200080401070506
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="jim.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="jim.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Jim  Baber
n:Baber;Jim
adr:;;1350 W. Mesa Ave.;Fresno;CA;93711-2008;USA
email;internet:jim@baber.org
tel;home:(559)435-9068
tel;cell:(559)905-2204
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.baber.org
version:2.1
end:vcard


--------------080702010200080401070506--

Posted by Solar Flare on February 24, 2006, 1:36 am
 This usually means they have found a defect in the firmware, have an
upgrade to install but don't want to admit it.



Watthours

require

memory.



Posted by Walt Bilofsky on February 24, 2006, 5:27 pm
 

I'm trying to wring out some communications issues with an SMA 3800U
inverter and Sunny Beam wireless (900 MHz unfortunately) monitor.

- Walt

This Thread
Bookmark this thread:
 
 
 
 
 
 
  •  
  • Subject
  • Author
  • Date
please rate this thread