Hybrid Car – More Fun with Less Gas

Which switch.

register ::  Login Password  :: Lost Password?
Posted by ukmp on July 19, 2008, 6:41 pm
I want be able to switch  to and from mains 240v to solar 240v with a
single switch instead of unplugging and replugging a couple of plugs.
I dont know what sort of switch to ask for though.
Can somebody help me please.

Posted by bealiba on July 20, 2008, 6:27 am

What you want is an "Transfer Switch" either manual or automatic.
Rainbow Power sells an automatic transfer switch. But then you are int
the UK and Rainbow power are in OZ.

The switch must be a "Break before Make" type, what ever you choose.

This is the part from RPC. <rpc.com.au>

INX-L2-40 Automatic AC Transfer Switch 2 Way 40Amp Cost here is around

They ship around the world.

Posted by ukmp on July 20, 2008, 7:30 am
 bealiba@gmail.com wrote:

I am extremely grateful to you bealiba.
I have often bought from oz before and always been more than satisfied.
Thank you very much for the advice.

This Thread
Bookmark this thread:
  • Subject
  • Author
  • Date
please rate this thread