Hybrid Car – More Fun with Less Gas

Flat collector

register ::  Login Password  :: Lost Password?
Posted by Dave McMahon on September 17, 2003, 9:42 pm
Been reading a book about thermal heating, says I should get two copper
pipes with flat metal panel above them, I think this is wrong I think large,
wide , and very shallow 'tube' perhaps 1M(etre) 15mm tall with 'ribs 900mm
long inside to direct water inside but the whole thing only 15mm 'tall' to
maximise surface area the only copper pipes would be in the joins between

What do you think?

Posted by Cosmopolite on September 17, 2003, 11:43 pm

Dave McMahon wrote:

I agree. I think that the use of round copper pipe is due to it's availability
and ease of panel fabrication.
You would have to calculate the pump pressure properly, the smaller
the tube size, the more pressure you need to move the fluid. Mineral
buildup or " sludge " blocking may also be a problem after many years.

This Thread
Bookmark this thread:
  • Subject
  • Author
  • Date
please rate this thread