Hybrid Car – More Fun with Less Gas

Looking for info on "greenhouse" and "anti-greenhouse" surfaces

register ::  Login Password  :: Lost Password?
Posted by Paul Ciszek on May 17, 2007, 6:17 pm
A long time ago I saw mention in an article of "colored" surfaces that
had been developed that in one case absorb well in the visible range
and are poor blackbodies in the IR, and in the other case are good
radiators in the IR but reflective in the visible.  The latter may even
have been called "anti-greenhouse paint", but I'm not sure.  Has anyone
else heard of these?  What are they called?  Are they available

Please reply to:            | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com    |  indistinguishable from malice."
Autoreply is disabled       |

Posted by Anthony Matonak on May 18, 2007, 1:05 am
Paul Ciszek wrote:

You're looking for a "selective surface" in both instances.
Since you're concerned about solar then I would suggest a
search like "solar selective surface". :)


This Thread
Bookmark this thread:
  • Subject
  • Author
  • Date
please rate this thread